Bien fait ici / Well Made Here is a federally chartered non-profit organization collectively owned by its founding banners and professional associations which includes the CHHMA. The association was inaugurated on October 31, 2018.
CHHMA President Sam Moncada serves as a Board of Director.
Bien fait ici / Well Made Here’s commitment: Quality housing, from the cellar to the attic.
The raison d’être is to encourage the purchase of quality building materials and other items manufactured in Canada and intended for the residential market.
The vision for the first few years is to strengthen the value chain between manufacturers, banners, and their network of hardware stores and home improvement centres to better serve consumers and construction contractors.
More specifically, Well Made Here seeks to address five issues:
- For the consumers: To help them find information on quality products made locally
- For the certified contractors: To enhance their offering, in conjunction with retailers, through the purchase of local, quality products.
- For the retailers: To position themselves as choice destinations for customers keen to buy qualified products.
- For the banners: To have their image and networks associated with the growing movement in favour of buying local, quality products.
- For the manufacturers: To stand out from imported or low added-value products through the provision of technical information for DIYers and contractors.
What is an accredited Well Made Here product?
An item or building material element that meets regulations, standards and construction codes in effect, potentially certified or licensed and for which at least 51 % of the direct manufacturing costs (both production material and labour, assembly and packaging) have been incurred in Canada.
For more information, please contact:
Chairperson: Richard Darveau, CEO, Quebec Hardware and Building Materials Association (AQMAT)